7 Jun, 2014
Primary Purpose The Reporter/MMJ will be responsible for writing, producing, shooting and editing for a news magazine show for multiple platforms on deadline. This person must be a great storyteller! Manages multiple production tasks simultaneously and has worked in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment. This person must have passion for entertainment, pop-culture and news. This position is located in Detroit, MI.
- · You will report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as internet and digital channels.
- · Need a creative thinker who will come up with unique angles on stories you cover.
- · Shoot video and edit for all multimedia platforms.
- · Must be able to work with national show leadership as well as local segment producer in preparing news magazine/entertainment show.
- · You will drive the company vehicle for business purposes.
- · Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years experience in on-camera reporting/anchoring.
- Excellent storytelling skills (we need people who are great at connecting and engaging with the viewers).
- Excellent and proven writing skills for television news/feature reporting and producing (any newsmag format experience is a plus).
- Familiarity with social media and plugged into local sources.
- Proficient at shooting and editing as it is required that everyone embraces the photography and video skills needed in a TV job.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to successfully interface with co-workers and diverse community members.
- Ability to work with in a team environment and with the public.
- Proven time-management skills for self and ability to work under deadline pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Familiarity with I-news is a plus
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- · College degree or post-graduate studies in journalism, reporting and producing for television or film preferred or equivalent experience.
- · Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Please apply at Scripps Career Center, http://scripps.com/careers/. Please include a reel link to show your work.