9 Mar, 2015
Internships: Any Internship
PS&E 2015 Summer Internships for Undergraduates – Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
Since the arrival of new ownership, our organization, leadership team, and operations of The Detroit Pistons, The Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival, have been transformed. The Detroit Pistons are one of the NBA’s most storied franchises and the entertainment business continues to hum at each of our venues. We are committed to the achievement of our mission: to come together and thrill our fans and our community, and we would like you to help us in this endeavor.
PS&E has multiple paid internships, across various departments, available for our 2015 12-week Summer Internship Program. Our internships are designed to provide interns with hands-on experiences that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits. Read the following position descriptions of available internships to see where you might fit best this summer .
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Business Development and Corporate Partnership Interns (3)
- Assist with premium and suite contract submission, proposal creation, and premium product fulfillment.
- Assist in development of sponsorship proposals and execution of a formal pitch presentation.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for contact, pipeline, and contract updates.
- Assist in the on-site activation of sponsors’ promotions and marketing activities.
- Assist in running the event prospect/partner check-in table at each of PS&E’s venues.
- Research premium and sponsorship prospects to generate leads and research current events of partners.
- Ownership of partner related media organization.
- Help with delivering tickets, credentials, etc., to necessary parties.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative duties as needed by group.
Group Sales and Service Intern (1)
- Assist with prospecting new group sales leads and campaign development.
- Help prepare for 2015/16 Pistons season by creating an event calendar and assist Group Sales team on ideas for theme nights.
- Assist with DTE group sales campaigns and events.
Marketing Interns (2)
- Assist Advertising & Promotions Team with summer concert series pre-promotional set-up, including flyer distribution, media promotional support, radio proposals, street marketing, research and execution, along with onsite activation including (signage, giveaways, music) and offsite events activation for grass roots events (Woodward Dream Cruise, Detroit River Days, Arts Beats and Eats, etc.).
- Support Member Experience Team with event planning and execution of several member events including, but not limited to: State of the Pistons: End of Season, Pistons Draft Night, DTE Royal Season Launch Party, DTE Royal Season Post-show Events, Pistons Black/Palace Royal Golf Outings – Event support throughout the summer will also include office work, including researching unique and innovative ways to improve the member event experience.
- Assist Fan Affinity Team with DTE Activation: Blue Room sign-ups (fan interaction) and Pistons Playmakers/Hardwood Club/Future Pistons Summer Retail Event Support.
Graphic Design Intern (1)
- Design of print and digital materials for PS&E properties.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and brand development.
- Prepress setup and occasional print production operation.
Community Relations & Public Relations Intern (1)
- Support Community Programming: Coordinate site visits, assist with set-up, activation and take-down, assist with internal communication and coordination to cover events – social media, PR, marketing, sales, partners.
- Support Donation Program: Assist in the management of donation items/ inventory, assist with the mailing/delivering of donation items throughout metro-Detroit, assist in the preparation for the 2015-16 Pistons Season.
- Support Pistons Public Relations: Scrub and update media contact files, assist with file clean-up and archiving.
- Support Palace Public Relations: Scrub and update media contact files, assist with multiple show/concert dates, Blue Room newsletter content, weekly media news clippings reporting and recaps.
Brand Networks Intern (1)
- Conduct competitive analysis of sports and entertainment brands with frequency/type of content, social responses, and interesting content/campaigns.
- Assist with social metrics/reporting, assist with content creation/aggregation at concerts, assist with identifying artist content for social sharing, monitor social channels on nights/weekends and flag content that needs responses, and update syndication media list for PPN content.
- Assist with updating event galleries, site monitoring for typos, outdated content, broken links.
- Conduct competitive site analysis of NBA teams, game day content, pre/post game strategy, non-game day content, sponsorship opportunities, and ticketing pages.
- Assist Ecommerce Team with Palace Perks onboarding, monitor competitive newsletter and email programs to look for latest trends.
Venue Event Operations Intern (1)
- Assist in implementing and training employees on new scheduling system.
- Work with managers and administrative assistants to ensure all PS&E events are properly staffed.
- Assist with managing the Guest Services call center.
- Assist with managing The Palace of Auburn Hills tours.
- Manage events within the Crowd Control and Guest Services departments.
Information Technology Intern (1)
- Assist with computer build and deployment.
- Field Help Desk tickets.
- Assist the IT team with event support across multiple venues.
Data & Analytics Intern (1)
- Assist with data validation and QA of integrated data sources in the Data Warehouse.
- Assist in reporting efforts to prepare for the 15-16 season.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months. A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and have a positive attitude.
- Available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Some interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Able to commit to a 12 week assignment.
- Has reliable transportation to and from the Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theatre, and/or Meadow Brook Music Festival as necessary.
- Able to provide their own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions: 1. Please list the internship position of your first preference, based on your academic background, work experience, and current interests.
2. Please list the internship position of your second preference, based on your academic background, work experience, and current interests.
3. Yes/No: I am a college student entering my Junior or Senior year, or a recent college graduate within the last six months.
4. Yes/No: I am available to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the duration of the internship.
5. Yes/No: I am able to commit to a 12 week summer internship assignment.
6. Yes/No: I will be able to provide myself with housing and reliable transportation for the duration of the internship.