7 Jun, 2014
Collects and analyzes complex information of newsworthy events relying on critical relationships with local news makers. This position will be relied upon primarily for lead stories and/or specialized segments.
- Develop, create and research news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Uncover stories through investigation and research.
- Use computer database to research statistics and facts.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.