28 Apr, 2014
Lawrence Tech University – Southfield, MI
The Lawrence Tech Golf Team is seeking one Graduate Assistant for the brand new golf program. Lawrence Tech is a member of the NAIA and competes in the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The position will report directly to the Head Coach.
Job Summary: Assist in planning, developing and administering all phases of a championship level NAIA golf program described as but not limited to below:
- Assist with recruiting qualified student-athletes nationally and internationally with an emphasis on player development.
- Qualified candidate will assist with all practices.
- Qualified candidate will assist with all workouts.
- Qualified candidate will assist with all travel and travel planning.
- Qualified candidate will assist with budgeting and budget management.
- Qualified candidate will assist with all event planning and host tournament operations.
- Qualified candidate will assist with the running of the team social media sites in coordination with the LTU Sports Information Staff.
- Qualified candidate will assist with some office work and fundraising as directed.
- Qualified candidate will work closely with the head coach on all matters pertaining to the team and perform all other duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic administration.
The graduate assistant must be accepted into one of Lawrence Tech’s 20 graduate programs. The GA will receive tuition reimbursement for three (3) credit hours, housing, and stipend of $7,000-$12,000 per year. The student must be full-time (at least 6 credit hours) student and will be responsible for the remaining credit hours on their own.