The Executive Director, Communications is responsible for the proactive, strategic development and implementation of short-term and long-term and publicity strategies and tactics that enhance and build the image of the Organization, its leadership, and players locally and nationally.
This effort includes working collaboratively with the SVP, Marketing & Communications; VP, Media Relations; the Media Relations group; Ownership, CRO; Baseball Operations (including General Manager, Manager, and players); the Marketing & Communications group, as well as others in the driving the coordination, and execution of publicity and other proactive communication initiatives that advance baseball, business, and corporate priorities.
• Position requires a minimum of 15-20 years publicity experience, including at least 10 with a team.
• Extensive knowledge of New York and national media marketplace and contacts in media.
• Proven expertise in establishing strategic vision and flexible leadership of its execution in a “roll up your sleeves” fashion in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment.
• Proven upbeat, lead by example leadership approach and relationship building skills.
• Unsurpassed sales/pitch skills and orientation and proven record in publicity placements to positively influence coverage and volume in mass and multicultural markets.
• Concise, persuasive, and exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills with ability to develop compelling visual presentations as well.
• Technological savvy; proficient with all computer programs, applications, and extensive knowledge of social media and emerging technologies.