9 May, 2014
Palace Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Director, Corporate Partnerships to be a leading sponsorship negotiator for our four entities: The Detroit Pistons, The Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theater and Meadow Brook Music Festival.
The Director will assist the VP in all aspects of the sales process. PS&E will provide some of the best sales support in professional sports including research and analytics, marketing, and public relations. We are seeking a high energy sales leader with detailed knowledge of selling brand affinity and aspirational benefits. Additionally, the Director will also establish new relationships supported by a very aggressive VIP entertainment plan.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Sell multi-property sponsorship deals which include combination of NBA team marketing and music/entertainment assets
- Prospect and negotiate six-figure/seven-figure sponsorship & hospitality agreements with local and national companies
- Keep a strong focus on some key unsold key categories which will translate into our largest sponsorship & hospitality deals
- Network extensively and form relationships with key marketing decision makers to acquire new business leads
- Efficiently and effectively update sales efforts using salesforce.com CRM tool
- Demonstrate track record of meeting/exceeding yearly sales targets through sophisticated and profitable sponsorship sales
- Demonstrate ability to successfully sell media (TV + radio), digital (online + mobile), signage, promotions, and premium hospitality (suites + courtside seats) within the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example. Inspire accountability. Negotiate as a storyteller
- Excellent communication, presentation, networking, and writing skills required
- Must have 5+ years of professional sports experience selling sponsorship and premium inventory
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be open to occasional travel to develop relationships with decision-makers and secure sponsorship agreements
- Must attend Pistons home games and key Palace Sports & Entertainment events (e.g. concerts, festivals, and networking events)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be required by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.