According to a USA study, there are around 22 percent of college or university students who believe that they are taking the wrong course and that they would certainly choose another given a chance to do so. Perhaps we can say that if these students have just been led to the right school and degree before they went to college, we would not be having such figures now.
Indeed, the problem of students taking the wrong course is getting worse, and this may lead to more issues later on. For one, they may find themselves in an environment that they are really not comfortable, and it will be a struggle trying to meet the demands of the course or the degree. When they graduate, they will land a job that they don’t really love. There will even be times when they feel like that they have wasted four to five years, and the clamor for taking the right course will always bring them back to the past that could be full of regrets.
If it’s your business to help students find the right course or even school, then you’re responsible of generating the right leads. Here are some of the best methods to finding the best education leads:
- Don’t buy your education leads. It may save you a lot of time and energy, but in the end, it’s not going to be worth it. Most of these companies don’t really screen their leads properly, and you may end up with the wrong ones. It’s always better to come up with the leads on your own. There are several marketing strategies that you can employ. It may take a while before you can come up with a database, but you are somehow assured that these leads are quality ones.
- Gather as much information as you can about your education leads. Since your job is to match the students with the right university or college, as well as the right course, you must get all the data that you’re going to need to do it accurately. This may mean knowing their hobbies or subjects that they excel in, the schools they want to go to, and other interests that may affect their decision later on.
- Keep track of your leads. When you already have the list of education leads, the next step is to make a call. You can do so by making a call and asking for an appointment with the lead or even with their parents. If they can’t be reached through their phone, then you can try other means such as their e-mail address orfax number. This also means that you have to make sure you have plenty of contact details for every lead you have.
- Come up with comparative analysis. This report will help them decide which of the universities or colleges will offer them the best deal, especially in terms of tuition fees. This is very easy to do. You simply have to create a table of the schools that are offering the course that the lead may want to take in the future. You can then determine the factors that will be used to compare these educational institutions.
- Make a follow-up. It’s seldom for a student to make a choice after the presentation. Thus, you have to conduct a follow-up to your education leads. This way, your prospects will know that you’re really interested in helping them and that you’re willing to share more information beneficial in coming up with a quick decision.